Updated Message Board
CTM has updated our Message Board system and changed the methods for posting your messages to the community. If you have questions or comments, please call CTM at 978-251-5143 and press "4" for the Messageboard mailbox.
- We now prefer you to create your own messages using Microsoft Power Point and your finished slides to us directly using the form below.
- This allows you to properly brand your messages with your own logos and color schemes, and get your messages to the community faster.
- Below the form, you will find some:
Community Messageboard Guidelines
- All messages must be non-profit messages. Advertising and promotions for commercial organizations are not allowed.
- Messages must be relavant to the Town of Chelmsford. - As a Chelmsford Community Message Board, we want to ensure that Chelmsford organizations and events are visible to all Chelmsford residents. We will often post regional messages, but will give priority to Chelmsford related messages when necessary.
- Messages will be aired both on the CTM channels as well as on our website for 12 months from date of submission. - Messages related to specific events will be removed after the event date, all other messages will need to be resubmitted every 12 months.
- When you upload your messages to the Community Message Board, please note that our staff may make some changes for readability on screen as well as grammar (as needed). Please do not be offended if we change your messages slightly to help you get more visibility to your messages. TV is picky, especially with colors and text sizes, and we want to make sure all of your audience can read it as easily as posisble!
Use the form below if you are uploading a file.
Keep it simple! - The best advice we can give you is to keep it as short as possible. Don't forget, although you can peruse the messages on our website and stay on one message as long as you want, most messageboard viewers will be watching on on our channels from their couches! That means there are only 5-10 seconds to really grasp what you're trying to say before the next message comes on screen.
How can you kep it simple? Here are a few tips:
- Keep it SHORT.- Less than 50 words TOTAL on the slide
- Give the Date, Time, Location, and as little extra info as possible
- Use Bullet points to give 1-2 interesting bits of information (if needed, otherwise skip this step)
- Add an eye-catching, but relavant picture. - Humans, by nature, are very visual people. Images will stick in people's minds longer than just text on a screen.
- Send them to you. - The besst mesage has an action that the viewer can perform. Send them to your website; add a section to your Facebook fan page; use a #hashtag to interact with them on Twitter, or just give them your phone number. Use those mediums to give them the detailed iformation that will help them help you. There's just not enough room or time with one or two slides, and if you have too many slides that are all related, then a casual viewer who starts in the middle will be lost and won't know any of it!
To ensure that you messages are displayed exactly as you want them to be, please upload them using the following guidelines:
- For best results, create your slides ahead of time using PowerPoint or your favorite image editor. - This will ensure that the design of your slides matches the rest of your "branding." We could create the sliddes for you, but they wouldn't look nearly as good with the rest of your image.
- Add in animations and timings to you sldeshow presentations. - If you want certain lines to fly in or dissolve in a certain order, go ahead and add that in ahead of time! Your timings and animations will be transferred directly onto the on-air message board. (The timing and transitions will not appear on the web). PLEASE keep each slide to less than 15 seconds. We often have hundreds of messaages and we want everyone to have the opportunity to have their messages seen!
- We prefer messages built in Microsoft's Power Point, because it gives you the most control over how your messages appear, however if you do not have access to Power Point, then you can type out your messages into a Word document or a text file and we will design the slides for you. This does mean that it will take longer to get your message on our message board, and it will not match your organizations branding, but we are happy to do it for you.
- If you do not want to have any animation on your slides, you are more than welcome to send over flat image files as well and we are happy to add those to the message board as-is. Please note, we cannot make changes to these files if a mistake is discovered after airing. Image dimensions should be: 960 x 720 for best results.
- DO NOT USE A FONT SMALLER THAN 25pt. It will be too small to read, and will blur on-screen.
- We can accept the following file types - Power Point (.ppt .pptx), Word (.doc .docx), Image files (.jpg .png .bmp) or Text Files (.txt .rtf)
Follow those simple recommendations and you should get the most attention from the Community Messageboard audience for your organization or event!
When you upload your messages to the Community Message Board, please note that our staff may make some changes for readability on screen as well as grammar (as needed). Please do not be offended if we change your messages slightly to help you get more visibility to your messages. TV is picky, especially with colors and text sizes, and we want to make sure all of your audience can read it as easily as posisble!